The way the Distribution + Retail + E-Commerce sector operates is now totally reshaped, influenced by the profound changes in consumption, in the relationship with the world and the environment, and in digitisation.
The different players, retailers, (BtoC) and professional (BtoB) distributors must redefine their identity and adapt to their customers’ expectations if they are to compete.
Recruitment is mainly around two specific functions.
Purchasing is a major competitiveness issue for the company. It is complex because it can be applied differently depending on the internal issues.
– The “direct or merchant purchasing” function is responsible for structuring negotiations, particularly on behalf of distributors. It must be able to work in parallel with the “Offer” teams. Depending on the organisation, some buyers need to have competence in both purchasing and procurement.
– The “Indirect or service purchasing” function is a developing area and is increasingly strategic within companies as it represents a considerable source of savings. This family of indirect purchases includes information systems, car fleets, capex (capital expenditure), transport and travel, intellectual services, facilities management, overheads, maintenance, etc.
– The “Industrial purchasing” function has become strategic in the current sensitive contexts of fluctuating prices of raw materials necessary for production, other supplies and energy.
The supply chain can be integrated or outsourced; it is the key function that ensures the promise of available stock. It brings together the management of national or regional logistics centres, functions related to procurement, steering and stock management.
In a nutshell!
Depending on the need and the place in the distribution chain, we assist our clients in recruiting for a variety of occupations, from production to marketing, and from operations to support, regardless of the level of seniority and area of expertise required.
Some typical assignments:
• Sales skills development: key accounts, sales management, sales departments, property, public, health, and professional market sales
• Structuring of service centres (ADV, SAV, etc.)
• Subsidiary creation and sales team structuring
• International market development, export management • Structuring of marketing teams, product managers, R&D, sourcing
• Specific roles: sourcing, negotiation, product manager, “category manager”
• Operations roles: regional management, store management, franchisee recruitment, International area management
• Support functions: purchasing control, digital marketing
Our clients include SMEs, intermediate-sized enterprises and large groups, manufacturers (household equipment, construction completion and tools) and distribution companies (supermarket distribution, specialised distribution, retail and trading/professional distribution).
We support their development and increasing professionalisation by recruiting their experts.